Saturday 29 September 2012

A Quick Update

Good evening my wonderful readers,
Hoping you are all having a great weekend.
Apologies for my absence of late. I have been working on various projects, both at work and in my personal life. Which has left me with not much in the tank; both physically and mentally. So unfortunately, my Blog has been poorly neglected.
Yesterday I attended a conference for work at Customs House in Circular Quay, Sydney. The conference was called LiveWire and it is Local Government professionals who come together to build leadership capacity, gain valuable skills, learn how to influence positive change and network with others.
LiveWire 2012

The conference was a great day and I am still on a high and feeling invigorated.
Partly due to the conference itself and what I got out of it; but also because I stepped out of my comfort zone and challenged myself, it’s a great feeling and I am proud of myself.
I absolutely loved heading to Sydney for the conference. At first I was a little nervous heading off to the big smoke. My sense of direction is hopeless and so I tend to get lost from time to time. I don’t own a GPS because I have a husband who is a walking GPS, so I normally don't need one. But lucky for me, a co-worker was heading to the conference with me and he was pretty city-savvy.

Sydney is an amazing city filled with life! I loved experiencing life if the fast corporate lane, even if only for 24 hours.


View from my hotel room
Customs House is an incredible place, so rich in history. It was initially constructed in 1844-1845 and served as headquarters of the Customs Service until 1900. Nowadays Customs House is a venue for events and private exhibitions and is also the home to the City of Sydney Library.

Customs House
Convict David O’Connor, from the First Fleet, was hanged on site in 1790 and it is rumoured that his ghost still haunts Customs House wandering around, offering people rum. I was on the lookout for him, but can’t say I saw him.


So long story short, just dropping by to let you all know I haven't disappeared but I am working on a new post for my blog, which I hope to have up this weekend. Hoping to share some of what I learnt from the motivational speakers at the conference.

 Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment