Tuesday 21 May 2013

A blast from the past...

Hey readers,

I ran into a friend from the past the other day, who I haven’t seen in years.

It was a Sunday morning, she hadn’t been to bed yet and the aroma of a big night was still fresh on her. I laughed to myself, she hadn’t changed a bit and I loved her for it. But I had. Come 8 to 9 years ago, that would have been me with her. I’m sure some of my Mum’s grey hairs can be attributed to when I use to hang out with this friend (sorry Mum).

Here she was, a gyspy who had moved around and travelled and seen the world, unattached and still partied like back when we were 18.

Here I was, settled, married, with a mortgage and renovating our house, and in a stable job.

My friend couldn’t believe how much I’d changed and kept asking me how I had got all my S@#& together. My answer? I grew up I guess.

When looking back now, I can hardly believe how far I have come. Gone are the Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights out and looking forward to partying; and here are the Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights that are a lot more tame, where I get excited if we don’t have anything on and I can chill out in my PJ’s.

My friend and I had some great times together, lots of fun and adventures. I still laugh and also shake my head when I think about some of them. Sometimes I do miss those days.

But, as fun and carefree as those days were, I wouldn’t change where I am at for the world. I’ve come so far and already achieved so much. I am married to a wonderful man, who I adore. We have brought our first house and are renovating it to make it our dream home, I am in a great job and have a great career, I’ve travelled , I am settled, happy, fulfilled, in love, stable, achieving my goals, I’ve matured and gained perspective.

What more could I ask for? I love my life and am so grateful for all its blessings.

If the past 9 years have been this amazing, I can’t wait to see what the coming years will bring. As they say, the best is yet to come.



Til next time,
Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. Well said Sar. I hope you are defined by your beliefs!

    Dad and I are very proud of the beautiful woman you have become (same for Kirs).

    Love you long time....

    PS.....I don't have grey hair remember, that's why you color it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said sar, great to reflect and see how far you have come and so much you have achieved over the last 7 years... Imagine what dreams you can achieve in the next 50+ xx
    Kristen xx

    ReplyDelete